By ADD SEYMOUR JR.
Now for those who are playing football today...
- Bowie State will try to avoid their fourth straight loss in a tough place - homecoming at Virginia State, the CIAA's second-best team
- Johnson C. Smith will try to bounce back from last week's loss to Winston-Salem State in their homecoming game against a tough and smarting Fayetteville State squad
- Two one-win teams, Lincoln (Pa) and Elizabeth City State, hook up in the Vikings' homecoming game
- The nation's top-ranked Division II HBCU squad, Winston-Salem State, tries for their sixth win in a row at St. Augustine's, who is looking to get over .500
- In a battle for the second-place spot in the Northern Division, Virginia Union hosts homecoming opponent Chowan in a battle of teams with 2-1 conference records
- Shaw looks to get a second-straight win during their homecoming game against Livingstone, who is looking to avoid their second straight loss.
- Mississippi Valley State looks to bounce back from a tough loss at the SWAC's best team, Jackson State, by visiting Prairie View, a strong team that lost another overtime thriller last week
- Texas Southern tries to get their second-straight win in their homecoming game against a strong Alcorn State squad
- Southern tries to climb over the .500 mark and win their second game in a row at Arkansas-Pine Bluff who is trying to get their first win of the season on their homecoming day
- Two teams who've fallen on hard times, Morehouse and Albany State, battle during ASU's homecoming game. There are three wins between the two teams in 2013. Morehouse has two of them.
- Clark Atlanta, thought to be the SIAC's doormat, has won two straight games and sport the conference's top rushing offense when they take on Benedict. Benedict tries to climb back to .500 on this, their homecoming day
- In a big Western Division game, 2-1 Kentucky State visits 2-0 Miles on homecoming day at Miles. The game will be televised live by Bounce TV
- Stillman, who has the SIAC's top offense and top defense, visit the nation's second-best HBCU Division II team, Tuskegee, who is fresh off a 44-point win last week
- Lane tries to extend their winning streak to three games on a homecoming Saturday where they host Central State, who surprised Albany State last week for their first win of the season
- After staring the season off with three straight wins, North Carolina A&T tries to avoid their third straight loss when they host Delaware State, who is coming off a big homecoming win last week
- Coming off a big first win of the season last week, Hampton visits Norfolk State in the Battle of the Bay. Norfolk State is trying to get their win of the season after a loss last week
- North Carolina Central looks to celebrate homecoming by getting over the .500 mark against Morgan State, a team looking for their second-straight win after a big homecoming victory last week
- Howard tries to avoid their fifth straight loss at Florida A&M, a team looking to salvage a disappointing season season with potentially back-to-back wins as they celebrate homecoming
- Savannah State, in the midst of a four-game losing streak, faces the daunting task of taking on the nation's second-ranked FCS HBCU team, Bethune-Cookman, a team who has only lost to Division I-FBS Florida State
- Tennessee State, the nation's top-ranked FCS HBCU team, takes the nation's top-ranked FCS defense to West Tennessee to take on a solid, 4-2 UT-Martin team that likes to run the football
- Lincoln (Mo.) tries to avoid their fourth-consecutive loss when they visit Nebraska-Kearney in a battle of 1-5 teams. Lincoln defeated Nebraska-Kearney last year, their last road win.
- Langston will honor the 40th anniversary of the school's last championship football team - a team that featured former Dallas Cowboy Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson - when they host Texas College on homecoming Saturday