By ADD SEYMOUR JR.
There could have been huge changes in this week's ADD'S HBCU SPORTS REPORT Division II HBCU Football Top Ten poll after Kentucky State last week pulled off the upset of the year, so far.
Kentucky State (4-4, 4-1 SIAC) used a super-stingy defense and blocked two late kicks to defeat previously undefeated Tuskegee (6-1, 4-1 SIAC), which not only was the Throbreds' fourth win in a row, putting into this week's Top Ten, but it could have knocked Tuskegee out of the No. 1 spot.
But a topsy-turvy Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association race has their five top teams - Bowie State, Virginia State, Winston-Salem State and Chowan - all defeating each other the past few weeks. Still, Winston-Salem State has been a team on a roll as they've claimed the nation's No. 2 spot after winning their fifth game in a row, just being nosed out by Tuskegee for the top spot.
In the FCS poll, things stayed pretty much the same as last week as five of the top six teams all won, except for Tennessee State, which fought hard most of the way against SEC Vanderbilt before losing. Sixth ranked Prairie View A&M scored 44 points against previously winless Big 12 team Rice in their loss.
Here are this week's Division II and FCS ADD'S HBCU SPORTS REPORT HBCU Top Ten Football polls:
1) Tuskegee (6-1, 4-1 SIAC)
2) Winston-Salem State (6-2, 5-1 CIAA)
3) Virginia State (6-2, 3-2 CIAA)
4) Virginia Union (5-3, 5-1 CIAA)
5) Bowie State (5-3, 5-1 CIAA)
6) Albany State (4-3, 3-1 SIAC)
7) Clark Atlanta (5-3, 3-3 SIAC)
8) Chowan (5-3, 4-2 CIAA)
9) Kentucky State (4-1, 3-2 SIAC)
10) Benedict (4-4, 3-2 SIAC)
1) North Carolina A&T (6-1, 4-0 MEAC)
2) Tennessee State (5-2, 2-1 OVC)
3) Grambling (4-1, 4-0 SWAC)
4) North Carolina Central (6-2, 5-0 MEAC)
5) Southern (4-2, 4-0 SWAC)
6) Prairie View A&M (4-3, 4-1 SWAC)
7) Alcorn State (3-3, 3-2 SWAC)
8) South Carolina State (3-3, 3-0 MEAC)
9) Jackson State (3-4, 3-2 SWAC)
10) Texas Southern (3-4, 3-3 SWAC)