By ADD SEYMOUR JR.
Heading into the final regular season weekend for Division II football, Tuskegee continues to lead the ADD'S HBCU SPORTS REPORT HBCU Football Top Ten poll, but a group of title hungry CIAA contenders are not far behind.
Tuskegee (7-1, 5-1 SIAC) put their upset loss to Kentucky State behind them with a big win over Central State. But there will be no SIAC title for Tuskegee as their loss to Kentucky State (4-5, 4-2 SIAC) has handed the Thorobreds, who are 3-1 in the West with Tuskegee, the SIAC West Division title and a berth in the SIAC Championship game. But Kentucky State's winning streak ended with a loss last weekend to Lane.
Winston-Salem State (7-2, 6-1 CIAA) won their sixth straight game and have already claimed a spot in the CIAA Championship game as they've claimed the CIAA Southern Division crown, while Bowie State and Virginia State are fighting with Elizabeth City State for the Northern Division crown.
In the FCS poll, North Carolina A&T (7-1, 5-0 MEAC) continues to cruise along after easily defeating Florida A&M. Grambling (5-1, 5-0 SWAC) is right on their heels, their only loss being a close defeat to FBS Pac-12 Arizona. Tennessee State fell to fifth after their third straight loss, this one to Ohio Valley Conference foe Murray State.
Here are the complete FCS and Division II ADDS HBCU SPORTS REPORT HBCU Football Top Ten polls:
1) North Carolina A&T (7-1, 5-0 MEAC)
2) Grambling (5-1, 5-0 SWAC)
3) North Carolina Central (6-2, 5-0 MEAC)
4) Southern (5-2, 5-0 SWAC)
5) Tennessee State (5-3, 2-2 OVC)
6) Prairie View A&M (5-3, 5-1 SWAC)
7) Hampton (4-4, 4-2 MEAC)
8) Alcorn State (3-4. 3-3 SWAC)
9) South Carolina State (3-4, 3-1 MEAC)
10) Texas Southern (3-4, 3-3 SWAC)
1) Tuskegee (7-1, 5-1 SIAC)
2) Winston-Salem State (7-2, 6-1 CIAA)
3) Virginia State (7-2, 4-2 CIAA)
4) Bowie State (6-3, 6-1 CIAA)
5) Albany State (5-3, 4-1 SIAC)
6) Elizabeth City State (5-4, 4-2 CIAA)
7) Virginia Union (5-4, 4-2 CIAA)
8) Chowan (5-4, 4-3 CIAA)
9) Miles (5-3, 4-2 SIAC)
10) Kentucky State (4-2, 3-3 SIAC)